The Management of Strategy in the Marketplace
If you are looking for a textbook or just some chapters to provide managerial guidance, consider the Cadotte and Bruce textbook, The Management of Strategy in the Marketplace.
An electronic copy is now available to be added when you create your game. This option is less expensive and enviromentally conscious. Here is how it works:
- You design a game in the normal fashion within the Web Instructor.
- During the game design process, you are given the option to order individual chapters from the book. For the game that you selected, you will see a list of chapters that are suitable for your game level. The listing includes a short description of each chapter's content.
- To order a chapter, just click on the appropriate check box.
- Each chapter will cost $1.00. If you order 5 chapters, the cost will be $5. If you order the entire book, the cost will be $17 for the 17 chapters in the book.
- The cost of the electronic chapters will be automatically added to the cost of software. When a student purchases the license for the software, they will also purchase the chapters that you selected. Both the cost of the license and the cost of the chapters will appear on the invoice.
- After purchase is complete, the textbook chapters will be available to the students within the Marketplace game software. There will be a special "Textbook" icon at the top through which students can access individual chapters.
- Each chapter will be in a special PDF format which does not allow modification of the text, but does allow the student to add notes or highlight important material.
A second option is to obtain a hard copy of the book itself. Innovative Learning Solutions is now publishing the textbook. You can go to www.lulu.com to purchase the book. The cost $45.05/book plus shipping. The following links direct you to a table that hightlights which chapters will be suitable for which Marketplace Live simulations.
If you are an instructor and would like to look over certain chapters, we can send you an examination copy of the book or electronic copies of the desired chapters. Please contact Technical Support for this option.